Advantages of the Internet:
- You have information at your fingertips, and you don’t even have to know how to spell, or know your ABCs. Someone out there knows the answers to everything you can think of.
- You can send mail across the world within minutes where snail mail used to take 3-4 days in the states and 2 weeks overseas.
- You are connected to a lot of people who have similar interests if you know the right place to find them on the internet. A lot more difficult in person.
- The Internet is impersonal. YOu cannot see someone smile or react to your news or words though they may type it (grin).
- You cannot always trust the answers you get over the internet when you are looking for information.
- You spend too much time in front of a machine, and not enough time in front of “real” people.
- YOu need a credit card if you want to buy something either to pay a third party sight, or to pay direct the company you are interested in. IN person, you can always pay by cash.